Thursday, August 24, 2017

Well, Mareena’s Found Another Book of Mine That Has Been on my TBR Pile For a While!

Hello everyone! I hope that you're all just fine this morning - I certainly am! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing so far.

Surprisingly, the pace of my reading has picked up appreciably. As of my birthday - Tuesday, August 22nd - I have finished a total of four books and two sum-doku puzzle books. Granted, I still haven’t found the book that I was looking for originally, but Mareena has managed to locate at least two books that she thinks that I will enjoy reading. One book is actually a reread for me from just over four years ago, and the other has been on my TBR pile for almost six years.

I have the distinct impression that the book that I’ve been looking for will actually take ages for me to find. Mareena told me that she was certain that it was on the bookshelf just outside my bedroom door, but when she looked for it at the same time that she found the other two books, it wasn’t there. Oh well, I’ll keep searching.

I just found out that 'The Exorcist' will be starting its second season on Friday, September 29th at 9:00 P. M. I'm delighted to see that the show was renewed and want to know where it goes from here. As far as I know, the two main characters are now traveling exorcists and will be dealing with a case somewhere in Seattle, Washington.

I'm immersing myself in sum-doku and sudoku puzzles as well: at the beginning of the month - on Wednesday, August 2nd - I'm happy to say that I finished one puzzle book that I have had in my collection for just over a decade. I have also just finished another puzzle book about eight days ago. I immediately started another sum-doku puzzle on Friday, August 18th. As of yesterday - Wednesday, August 23rd - I’ve finished a total of 12 puzzles.

As regards my own reading, the most recent book that I've read was Shelter Me: A Novel by Juliette Fay, which I finished on Tuesday, August 22nd. I immediately started reading Brother, I’m Dying by Edwidge Danticat on the same day! According to Goodreads - as of Thursday, August 24th - I've read 152 pages out of 288 or 53 percent of the story.

Since my copy of Brother, I’m Dying by Edwidge Danticat actually has 272 pages in it, reading 152 pages means that I've read 56 percent of the story. So far, this book is really good!

Till we Meet Again, Glow Brightly as Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog. I'm a newbie as far as book blogging goes, having been blogging at my daughter's blog for only about two and a half years. Now it's time for me to get my feet wet on my own. Please be gentle with this blogger. Love to hear from you all. Have a great day! :)